Monday, September 19, 2016

32 Weeks

Sorry for no makeup...at least I got dressed ;)

How far along? 32 weeks {Every week counts!!}
Days since transfer: 206 days
Days on bed rest: 3 days
Total weight gain: +29.2 
Maternity clothes? Yep. And now mostly pajamas and comfy clothes...because I'm not going anywhere for awhile :)
Sleep: Sleep was a little crazy this week, with all the hospital adventures. I definitely didn't sleep much while we were there, and I think my mama radar is keeping me from sleeping too much right now. I am watching for every little thing, so it's hard to actually rest. But I will be doing A LOT of resting in the coming days {and hopefully weeks}, so I am sure I will be getting lots of extra sleep. We'll see :)
Best moment of the week: Getting to go home from the hospital!! We were looking at hospital bed rest {and that may still be on the table at some point}, so we were thankful we got to go home this week. Also really glad that they were able to slow my contractions and that we caught Maddie's irregular heart beat.
Cravings: I was just glad they let me eat! They kept me from eating for awhile, because they weren't sure if I was going to have to be rushed off to a c-section to have babies. So when they finally said it was safe for me to eat, I was definitely NOT picky, but rather just thankful to be able to eat food!! Tell a pregnant lady she can't eat... haha.
Symptoms: More achy joints and swelling feet. And apparently contractions that I can't feel. So crazy to me. I definitely started feeling them more toward the end of our hospital stay, but they were not quite what I expected. They aren't painful, more like a tightening and a pressure? And I definitely am not feeling all of them. So it's hard for me to actually time them at this point, as I think I am only feeling the height of the worst ones right now. I have no doubt that will change though ;)
Labor Signs: We discovered that my contractions were 3-5 minutes apart and I was dilated to a 1. They were able to slow them down to 2-3 an hour and keep me from dilating further. 
Looking forward to: My next follow up appointment. I just want to be sure babies are ok, and we want them to stay put a little while longer! We can be done with the drama and adventure for a little bit...

-------

Size of baby? About the size of a Florida pomelo, a plastic scooter board, or a naked-tailed armadillo :)
Development: Babies are probably sucking their thumbs, and they are sprouting peach fuzz on their heads. They are practicing their breathing and are "swimming" like crazy {though they're running out of room quickly!} 
Heartbeat: At my perinatology appointment last Wednesday is when we discovered Maddie's irregular heart beat. Thankfully her heart's structure looked good, and they found out after further monitoring that she did not have a heart block. But we're still trying to pinpoint the arrhythmia. Eli's heartbeat was nice and strong, and he is doing just fine!
Movement: They are both still moving all the time, nothing has really changed with that! Of course, it's not really convenient when the doctors and nurses are trying to monitor them, but I am ok with them "acting up" by keeping active :)
Current Position: Good news is that they are both head down! So even last week when they thought babies were arriving early, they were going to let me deliver without a c-section. Definitely positive news! We are obviously playing A LOT by ear these days, but it's nice to know that is an option right now.



No comments:

Post a Comment