Monday, September 26, 2016

33 Weeks


How far along? 33 weeks {one more week down!}
Days since transfer: 213 days
Days on bed rest: 10 days
Total weight gain: +26.2 {not sure how I am losing at this point...gotta check with my doctor on that}
Maternity clothes? Yep. I try to "get dressed" every day so that I don't feel like such a slug, and so I am not always in my pajamas all day. It's totally in my head, but it makes me feel better. It's getting harder and harder to find things that fit though...my belly seems to poke out from under everything. So I am definitely raiding Mike's side of the closet for t-shirts that fit.
Sleep: I'm sleeping pretty well. I try not to nap during the day, or at least not for very long so that I can sleep at night. I have started waking and staying up from about 3pm to 6pm, then finally falling back to sleep. It's annoying, but I am thankful that I am able to stay home and actually get a little more sleep in the mornings.
Best moment of the week: Hearing that Maddie's heartbeat was back to normal! And learning that my contractions had stopped. Also, making it through the weekend without incident while Mike was out of town. It makes me feel better that he's home.
Cravings: Not really. Just hungry all the time :)
Symptoms: Just growing bigger every day and all the aches/creaks that come with that. My back has started to bother me a bit, but I am sure it's because I can't be up and about as much. For going into preterm labor last week and being put on bedrest, I feel pretty good! Something new this week though, is that I am constantly out of breathe. And I'm not doing anything. Babies are squishing my lungs so I find it hard to breathe a lot. 
Labor Signs: None, thankfully!
Looking forward to: Making it at least another week. All my fun plans got cancelled, so there are no fun activities to look forward to, but I am thankful for sweet visitors and this unique opportunity to rest before the craziness of life with twins.

-------

Size of baby? About the size of cauliflower or a honeydew melon, a junior tennis racquet, or a ferret :)
Development: Babies are beginning to open their eyes. Their bones are still forming, and relatively soft, but they keep hardening. They are just about at their birth height, though they will continue to gain weight.
Heartbeat: Both sounded perfect and strong at my NST last week. Hoping that both stay that way!
Movement: Lots of movement. And they both apparently get the hiccups a lot these days! As babies get bigger, it's getting more and more uncomfortable as they move. There's just not enough space, and they are growing stronger every day haha. Their movement is definitely reassuring, so I don't want it to stop, but there are definitely times when I am ready for them to take a nap for a bit :)
Current Position: Both are still head down, so I am hoping they have found their final position and don't flip.



No comments:

Post a Comment