Sunday, December 29, 2013

2013 Resolutions Update

In January, I decided to go ahead and make a few resolutions. So how well did I fair? I actually accomplished all of my goals! At least a portion of each of them :)
 
Goal 1: Intentional and Deep Time in the Word - CHECK!
I wanted to start {and actually finish} a Bible reading plan in 1 year. I found the perfect plan for me, and I made it through on time! The bookmarks were perfect for me, and I liked how each month was broken down into 25 days...so if I had an off day, I could still catch up and not feel so far behind that I couldn't get back on track. I am excited to use this plan for many years to come! Our women's Bible study finished up the study of Genesis and made it through Exodus as well. I am so thankful for those ladies and how they kept me accountable in the Word!
 
Goal 2: More Intentional Prayer Time - CHECK!
I started off the year with the Pray nine3eight campaign for our church plant, which was a great way to have some focused prayer time. With so much happening with the church plant this year, there was certainly no lack of things to be in prayer over. I think I did a better job of updating and referencing our prayer board, and Mike was great in establishing time for us to pray together every night before we go to sleep. I certainly don't have the prayer life I desire, but I did spend more intentional time in prayer this year.
 
Goal 3: Be the Best Matron of Honor I Can Be! - CHECK! {I think....Laura??}  :)
I was so blessed to be a part of helping my best friend get ready to marry her love! Laura was super organized and even more laid back, so I felt like my job was a breeze! I loved being a part of everything- from dress shopping and invitation assembly to bridal showers, the bachelorette party, and the wedding day...I loved being by Laura's side. It was a beautiful wedding, and I am so excited that she is enjoying married life with her love!

Goal 4: Become a Crohn's Expert - CHECK! {At least as much as I can be}
This year has been a year of learning, for sure. And while it felt like a lot of trial and error, ups and downs, I was reflecting the other day on how far I have come in just one year. This time last year, I was facing a lot of question marks, and now I feel like I have a better handle on what I am dealing with. I probably can't say that I am an expert, but I certainly understand more about my body and my disease than I did a year ago. It will be a lifelong learning process, but I am so thankful for how the Lord has taken care of me.
 
Goal 5: Develop my Photography Skills - CHECK! {but still in progress}  :)
Early in the year, I was able to purchase my DSLR camera, which was step 1 of working on my photography skills! Mike was really sweet in helping me get my camera earlier than I had expected, and it has been fun to tinker with it. I played it safe and just learned the basics of the camera and re-familiarized myself with photography basics, so this year I am looking forward to challenging myself and learning how to use my camera in manual mode :)
 

1 comment: