Sunday, June 12, 2011

A Weekend with the Fam

I got to spend the weekend with my parents and brother, which was so great! It's been awhile since we have all 4 been together, and it was nice to enjoy some good family time. Yesterday after my hair trial appointment, we were able to celebrate my brother's birthday and father's day since we won't all be together for the actual days. We went to see the new X-Men movie, had dinner at Olive Garden, then stocked up on ice cream before heading home to open presents and relax. One of the things I love most about my family is that we just enjoy being together. We don't have to do anything particularly exciting or extravagant....just hanging out and chilling together is fun. There are definitely lots of laughs to be had and fun memories to make.

While I loved the time I had to spend with just my parents and brother, we just didn't feel complete. And I love that that's the case now. Not having Mike there made it feel odd in a way. I am so grateful for my sweet family and how the Lord is choosing to grow it. It is such a blessing that Mike "fits" with my family, and I am so excited to spend weekends in the future as a family of 5 :)

more days....

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment