Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Embryo Adoption :: Our Journey {2020}

This year we were in the thick of parenting 2 preschoolers and a toddler! And it was every bit as crazy and busy as you might think :)

But this year also brought a little more understanding to their Embryo Adoption story. They know they are adopted, which right now to them means that "mommy and daddy wanted me and picked me out." But we also started seeing glimpses of their little brains processing the science side of things. We explained that mommy and daddy needed help to have a baby, that they were frozen as an itty bitty embryo, and were waiting in the freezer for mommy and daddy to come get them. 

As they grow and understand more, we will expand on our explanations, but for now, it is sweet to see their little wheels turning as they process their story. We pray that they grow to love their story, the story God has crafted for them, and that they are always excited about all that God has done for our family.


July 9, 2020: A reminder of God's perfect timing {God kept me in remission for Crohn's long enough to have all of my babies, a sweet gift in our Embryo Adoption journey}

July 31, 2020: I was frozen in the refreezerator! {Maddie's first understanding/processing of being a teeny tiny, frozen embryo}



Again, I don't have as many links for Embryo Adoption, as we are in the midst of parenting, not growing our family anymore. But I want to document even the few steps in our journey, as we are all learning along the way. I did want to also remember this year that Eli and Maddie continually asked me "am I your snowflake, Mommy?" Yes, my baby loves, you will forever be my snowflake babies, and I am so thankful for how God brought you to me and Daddy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment