Thursday, December 17, 2020

Christmas Socks + Hot Chocolate

I have really loved being able to do matching family pajamas each year for Christmas; it's a tradition that I want to keep for as long as the kids will let me! I actually ordered ours back in September {like I usually do}, and they came before we moved. But when they arrived, we still thought we would be moving from Texas straight into our new Virginia rental home, so I packed them away, thinking we would have them when we arrived in November. 

But then plans changed, and we were not going to have all of our things when we arrived in November. That included our matching family Christmas pajamas. And they just weren't easily accessible, so I had to let go of actually having them for Christmas. Which was probably the hardest item I struggled with not having right away haha. I even considered buying another set, but stopped myself from being ridiculous. The good thing is that they could be considered "winter" pajamas, so they will still be ok to wear in January. But alas...no matching family pajamas on Christmas Eve this year. 

That was WAY too long of an explanation about our Christmas pajamas. But ALL that to say...I settled on wearing fun Christmas socks! I found mine and the kids' socks at the Dollar Tree, and Mike's at Hobby Lobby for 50% off. I could justify $6.50, more than a whole new set of pajamas :)

"Here, sit next to each other so I can take a picture of you in your Christmas socks!"



Eli and Maddie really love wearing socks, so they were excited about having Christmas ones! Aiden isn't much of a sock wearer, and will only wear them if he's wearing shoes. But even he got into the fun once he saw that everyone else had a fun pair to wear. I pulled them out a little early so they could wear them a few times before Christmas...hopefully the $1 socks will hold up that long haha!

We also enjoyed some hot chocolate while we were wearing our fun Christmas socks. I found these fun Christmas cups at the Dollar Tree, and they were perfect! They have a swirly straw inside, which made them that much more exciting for the kids :)








The snow had turned to ice overnight, and it was still pretty cold outside, so it was the perfect day for some cozy socks and warm hot chocolate.


No comments:

Post a Comment