Thursday, July 26, 2018

35 Weeks

Oh yeah...that would be my idea.

How far along? 35 weeks
Days since transfer: 226 days
Total weight gain: +28.0 {so much for gaining half of what I did with twins haha}
Maternity clothes? Yep. My running shorts and t-shirts are still my go-to during the day, but my belly is definitely sticking out from underneath my shirts. It's SUPER attractive. I am smaller than I was with Eli & Maddie, but I forget that I was on bedrest with them for the last 6 weeks. And I basically wore Mike's t-shirts and stretchy pajama pants {or let's be honest, no pants, since I was at home haha}. That's not exactly acceptable in public :)
Sleep: Guess the insomnia is here to stay. Sigh. I have felt the need to nap in the afternoons, but just haven't been able to as often as I would like. This little guy just doesn't seem to understand that Mama has things to do! :)
Best moment of the week: Getting more of Aiden's nursery ready! I just have a few decor items to work on, but otherwise, it's pretty much done. That's such a good feeling! Also, Mike taking his last work trip until after Aiden comes. We can definitely manage for a couple of days on our own, but it is getting increasingly more difficult to wrangle 2 toddlers all day by myself without relief at night. So we're glad he's sticking close to home for awhile.
Cravings: Hard boiled eggs. And kale. 
Symptoms: More of the same...Braxton Hicks {especially when I do too much during the day}. Insomnia. Sciatic pain. Snoring. Waddling. Achy. Hot. General big-ness. My fingers are swollen a bit in the mornings, so I wonder how soon I will need to remove my rings...also, I haven't mentioned this yet, but let's talk linea nigra. I had it with Eli and Maddie, and it got super dark. It was just starting to fade when I got pregnant with Aiden, but it hasn't really darkened until now. Not quite as dark as before, but definitely more noticeable. Such a strange pregnancy thing.
Labor Signs: Just the Braxton Hicks here and there. Nothing consistent or worrisome. My body is also gearing up for breastfeeding, so I am hopeful that's a good sign for nursing this little guy!
Looking forward to: Checking in on Aiden next week! My OB appointments will start getting closer together now that we are getting ready to hit baby month! Also, a fun, full weekend: sweet missionary friends over for dinner and then swimming and lunch with family.

-------

Size of baby? About the size of a carton of one dozen eggs, a 50 lb. rubber hex dumbbell, or a picnic basket
Development: He will pack on the baby fat until delivery day! His brain is developing at a rapid pace, though his skull will remain soft {good thing for Mommy}.
Heartbeat: Looking forward to hearing it again on Tuesday!
Movement: He is still moving all the time, though this week, his movements felt more violent haha. It almost feels like he is stretching out as far {and as hard} as he can in every direction and is somewhat frustrated with his lack of space :)  It is actually starting to hurt when he moves!
Current Position: Still head down. He likes to stick his little butt out on my right side...and then bounce on my bladder.



No comments:

Post a Comment