Saturday, July 14, 2018

A Mama Getaway

Today I got another "Mama Day Off." My husband is so good to make sure I get one every so often, and I am so thankful that I can have this time to myself. He knows my introvert heart, my need for time away to decompress. It's such a blessing to know that I can leave for an entire day and not have to worry at all about my babies. Mike is such a good daddy, and I know that Eli and Maddie had the best day with him :)

I didn't actually sleep in this morning, but I was able get ready all by myself. I was able to enjoy some worship music, actually straighten my hair, and didn't have to keep little hands out of cabinets and drawers. A luxury, for sure! :)

eight.
My main to-do list for the day was to run errands for Aiden's nursery! I have been pulling my list together, and just needed the opportunity to actually go see what would work. So my first stop was Target {with a Starbucks treat in tow}. I was able to snag a couple of practical things for the nursery {sheets, lamp}, as well as a birthday present for our niece! 

nine.
My next stop was Home Goods. I didn't find as much as I had hoped, but I did snag a $15 rug for the nursery {score!} and left with a whole lot of fun ideas for our new house :)

ten.
I stopped at the Plano library to pickup a book I had on hold. I still have my Plano library card and find that they still have more of the books I am looking for than McKinney does. Thankfully, they let you keep the card if you live in the same county. 

eleven.
I had to make an impromptu stop to get a new pair of shoes because the ones I had been wearing broke! Such a bummer, but thankful for an inexpensive deal at Payless.

twelve.
My last errand stop was Hobby Lobby. I have definitely missed working on creative projects, and browsing through the craft aisles just highlighted that fact. I have a couple of projects I want to work on for Aiden's nursery, so hopefully that will help fill that creative void for awhile. #sneakpeak

one.
Lunch! Not super fancy, but I really love the veggie sandwich from Jimmy John's...so it hit the spot for me :)

two.
I was able to attend a baby shower for an old friend! I met Kelsey in the young adults group at Woodcreek, and I have kept in contact with her over the years, as I know she and her husband have prayed for a baby for a long time. It was so sweet to celebrate her sweet miracle, and I am so excited for her!

three.
When your sister-in-law is the baker for the baby shower, knows your dietary restrictions, and sends a special cupcake just for you... she's pretty awesome :) 

four.
I picked up dinner to drop off to my dear friend Amy! Sweet Samuel was born a few weeks ago, and I was so excited to meet him! I know that meals were such a HUGE help for us when Eli and Maddie were born, so I hope I was able to help relieve a little bit of stress, at least for tonight. And I'm praying for some sleep for the new parents :)

five.
So not only did I get a full day off...but I ALSO got a night away in a hotel! My husband booked me a hotel so that I could have a full night to myself, sleep in, and just have some more time alone. It may sound strange to some {especially since it was an anniversary gift haha}, but this is one of THE BEST gifts my husband could give to me. And I am thoroughly enjoying every minute of it!

six.
Of course, I wasn't really alone the whole day...this little guy was with me the whole time. But he's pretty cooperative, so I didn't mind so much. I thought I should snap a photo of me actually being dressed/ready before I changed into my pajamas haha.

seven.
I had picked up dinner at one of my favorites {Salata!} and was able to enjoy my salad in my pajamas :)

eight.
Winding down from a busy/full and all-around awesome day with a little blogging and HGTV. Not a bad day at all  :)

-------

Today was such a great day! I got SO much checked off my to-do list, was able to see some sweet friends, and enjoyed some good solo time. I miss my babies and my hubby, for sure. And it feels a little weird to be away from them, by myself. But I am so thankful for this little getaway, and a husband who made it happen. I haven't even had a full night's sleep yet, and I already feel so much more refreshed. 

Now I'm off to enjoy the rest of my evening and my morning to sleep in! :)


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like an amazing and much-needed/deserved day! Yay for running errands solo. Prayers for good sleep tonight!

    ReplyDelete