Thursday, July 5, 2018

32 Weeks

Aiden means "little fire"  :)

How far along? 32 weeks
Days since transfer: 205 days
Total weight gain: +26.0
Maternity clothes? Yep. I prefer wearing skirts/dresses, just because it seems cooler than pants. I was able to find one pair of maternity shorts, but probably will need to find another pair before the end of this pregnancy. There's still a lot of 100 degree days left...
Sleep: I have still had some insomnia, but have been able to go back to sleep a little sooner more often this week. I hope that this means that the insomnia is on its way out?? One can hope/dream :)
Best moment of the week: Having Mike home in the middle of the week for the 4th of July. Also, hearing our sweet boy's heartbeat this afternoon! 
Cravings: Bean and cheese tacos. Another craving I can't eat, but still dreaming of it...  :)
Symptoms: Still some achy hips, but otherwise feeling ok. My belly doesn't feel overly heavy yet, but it is definitely LARGE and in charge {and often lopsided haha}.
Labor Signs: Other than some Braxton Hicks, none, thankfully! It's crazy to think that I was on bed rest at this point with Eli and Maddie. 
Looking forward to: Starting to get things ready for delivery! It's time to register at the hospital, order my breast pump, etc. Also, we're starting to get Aiden's nursery set up! We ordered his crib, I finished assembling his dresser, and we're working on getting everything together :)

-------

Size of baby? About the size of a deerstalker hat {Sherlock, anyone?}, a Bento box, or a hard hat
Development: All of his major organs are fully developed now, except for his lungs. He has been practicing his skills to prepare for life outside the womb: swallowing, breathing, kicking, sucking. Fat is accumulating under his skin, which is no longer transparent but opaque. He is starting to sleep in more regular cycles now too.
Heartbeat: Was in the 140s at my OB appointment today. When she was trying to read it, he kept kicking at the doppler, and clearly was not interested in her listening to him haha.
Movement: He's still moving pretty frequently, though he seems to sleep in the morning. I can still feel him flipping, so I know he still has too much room in there...
Current Position: He was head down today, with his little butt protruding out the top side of my belly. This is the time he should start to settle into his birthing position, so I'm hoping he's going to behave and stay there



No comments:

Post a Comment