Monday, October 28, 2013

SACS Class of 2003

This past weekend, Mike and I traveled to San Antonio for my 10 year high school reunion. I was able to take a couple of days off from work, so we were able to enjoy a lot of extra time with my parents. I really needed that, and I am so thankful we were able to spend the time with them!
 
We drove in Thursday and spent a quiet evening playing games and watching a movie. Friday we made the rounds with my grandparents, which is always a fun treat. I am really blessed to still have all 4 of my grandparents. My mom's parents are still in fairly good health, but my dad's parents are having more of a hard time. So I am always grateful for the time I get to visit with them.
 
Saturday morning we had breakfast with Lauren and Miguel. I love this sweet friend so much, and I am thankful we got to spend some time with just them outside of the reunion activities. And it's really fun to see her so happily married :)
 
Saturday night was the reunion, and we had a casual hangout time at Bigz Burger Joint. I graduated with a class of 74, but there were maybe only 20 of us there, plus some spouses. Not a huge turnout, but it was still fun to see people. Mike was a good sport, as I spent the evening introducing him to people from my past and explaining to him who "so and so" was back in high school. We joked about him being my arm candy for the evening, as I got to show off the cute boy I ended up with! :)
 
Catching up with Megan, my roommate freshman year at Baylor. She asked about you Nicki!
 
It's funny how Facebook has changed the nature of reunions; for the most part, I have at least an idea of what my classmates are up to these days. So even people who were not able to make it, still were having conversations on our class group page about where they were, why they couldn't be there, etc. But I really enjoyed seeing people in person, both to catch up and reminisce. Even one of our former teachers/coaches showed up, which was a special treat! Everyone looked exactly the same...which is a good thing? I guess we have aged well {so far!}  :)
 
As is expected, people are rarely in the place they thought they would when we graduated, but it was cool to hear everyone's stories. It's funny how we make our plans and then how God says otherwise. It was a fun evening, and I am glad I went!
 
10 years later!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment