Monday, March 18, 2013

{Tying the Knot} Miguel & Lauren

This weekend we got to celebrate with one of my oldest and dearest friends as she got married! I first met Lauren when we were in 5th grade. We were in different classes, so we really didn't get to know each other really well until middle school when my family moved in down the street from her house. We started carpooling to school, and we have been friends ever since :)

Despite not living in the same city for the past 10 years, we have still managed to keep in touch. Lauren is the friend where we you can go long periods of time without talking and yet pick right back up where we left off, as if we talked yesterday. I am thankful for this sweet friend, and I was so excited to see her walk down the aisle to marry the man of her dreams!

Mike and I had the extra privilege of being a part of Lauren and Miguel's special day. Mike officiated the wedding, and I got to play wedding coordinator-for-the-day! :)

The rehearsal and rehearsal dinner were on Thursday, so Mike and I worked together to help organize the event. Thankfully it was a small wedding party (MOH, Best Man, 1 Jr. Bridesmaid, and a ring bearer), so the rehearsal went fairly smoothly. For dinner, we headed back into San Antonio for a yummy dinner at Scuzzi's Italian Grill.


Their big day was on Saturday, and the weather could not have been more beautiful. The wedding was held at Spinelli's Hill Country Cathedral in Comfort, Texas...exactly what I would picture Lauren choosing for her wedding day.

Loved this.

Their getaway car...how fun is this?


Beautiful venue...I loved it!

"Reverend" McCullough (at least according to the newspaper haha)

Kissing his bride!

Mr. and Mrs. Ayala!

Sweet moment with her dad...

With the beautiful bride! :)

With my cute hubby :)

My adorable parents...

Aww...

So excited for this sweet couple as they start their lives together as man and wife!

Just precious.

I am so glad that I was able to be a part of my sweet friend's special day. I wish her all the best in her new life as a married woman!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment