Friday, March 1, 2013

High Five for Friday!

It's Friday!

{one} Today is Day 60 in our Pray nine3eight campaign. We have been so blessed by the countless people lifting us up in prayer. We have seen God's faithfulness, and we are excited to see what He does in the next 40 days!

{two} This morning I woke up early with a lot on my mind. Nothing terrible, just thinking through some current struggles. The Lord was gracious to prod me to spend time with Him instead of lay in bed worrying. This morning's study was from Genesis, when God called Abram to leave his home {comforts/family/friends} to settle in the land that God would show him {unknown/no specifics/total leap of faith}. I was struck by Abram's faith to obey God's calling without question. I was also struck by God's faithfulness to fulfill what He had promised, despite all obstacles (including Abram's unrighteousness). I struggle a lot with worry and having enough faith to obey without question. But I am so thankful for a God who is faithful to fulfill His promises in spite of me.
 
{three} Ya'll. I have a confession to make. Mike and I are addicted to Duck Dynasty. The show is SO funny and silly! Uncle Si is my favorite :)

source: aetv.com

I bought season 1 for Mike for Valentine's Day and we have been making our way through all of the episodes. I also pre-ordered season 2 for him, and that should ship soon since season 3 just started. It definitely makes me happy, happy, happy! :)

{four} Tomorrow I am going to get my haircut. Normally that would not be newsworthy, except that I have not had a haircut since July. JULY. That's beyond ridiculous. But in my defense, I had to cancel my appointment in November (which I realize is still a long time between haircuts...life gets busy, what can I say?) because of a Crohn's flare up (though I didn't know that's what it was at the time). Then my symptoms just got worse, I ended up in the hospital, Christmas rolled around, I forgot about it, etc. etc. To say that a haircut is long overdue is an understatement. But I am definitely looking forward to finally getting one tomorrow!

{five} I miss Dr Pepper. That is all.

Have a great weekend! :)


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment