Thursday, January 18, 2018

8 Weeks


How far along? 8 weeks
Days since transfer: 37 days
Meds: Day 62 of Estrace, day 44 of PIO
Total weight gain: -2 {despite eating every 2 hours!}
Maternity clothes? No. Just lots of stretchy pants.
Sleep: I have still been super tired this week. I have taken a lot of naps with babies. My insomnia at night is not as bad, as I am usually able to go back to sleep after waking up having to pee. I have been having some pretty vivid dreams about food though haha.
Best moment of the week: FINALLY getting to see our little bean via ultrasound! Seeing that flickering heartbeat was definitely the best moment! Oh, and also confirming that we're only having 1 this time :)
Cravings: No. I haven't really craved anything, and to be honest, don't really want anything. I am constantly hungry though, which poses a bit of a challenge. 
Symptoms: I had one day of nausea where I felt pretty miserable. I have to make sure something is on my stomach every couple of hours, just to stay on top of the nausea so it doesn't get too bad. So it hasn't been too bad since then. I have had some off and on cramping, which I attribute to a growing uterus and chasing after toddlers all day :)
Looking forward to: The weekend! It was a pretty rough day today, so I am ready for reinforcements! 

-------

Size of baby? About the size of a peanut M&M, cufflink, or iPhone app icon
Development: Fingers and toes are forming, though they will still be webbed for awhile. The upper lip, cute button nose, and tiny eyelids are forming too!
Heartbeat: 163 bpm at 7w + 5d {with baby measuring 8w}
Movement: Baby is making spontaneous movements, though I can't feel them yet.
Gender Predictions? We're just hoping for another healthy baby! I really wanted to be able to try out the Ramzi theory since it doesn't work on twins, but unfortunately, our ultrasound was too late! You really have to have one between 6 to 7 weeks for it to fit in the theory. If it worked for an 8 week scan, then the guess would be BOY {based on where the yolk sac was located}. But I will be checking on some of the other crazy old wives' tales in the coming weeks, just for fun!


**This post was written at 8 Weeks, but was not published until after we made our official announcement. I back-dated to the actual day so we could have all of this for our own records and memories.**



No comments:

Post a Comment