Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Hello Baby {single. one}!

Today we had our first ultrasound for this pregnancy. It has been really difficult waiting for this appointment...it seems like forever since we found out we were pregnant, and with Eli and Maddie, I had already had 3 ultrasounds by this time. So to say that I was anxious this morning is an understatement. To make matters worse, I had some light cramping and spotting yesterday, so I was MORE than ready to check in on baby...

I wasn't quite sure if I would make it to the appointment, as DFW was panicking about cold temperatures and ice. But thankfully it was just super cold, and the roads were fine, so I was able to make it with no problem.



I held my breath, and waited for my ultrasound to start. I first saw the tiny bean on the screen, and then that blessed flickering of the tiny heartbeat. Our baby was there! As the ultrasound tech took measurements, I cried happy tears and praised Jesus for His sweet gift. Baby looked perfect...growing right on track {even a little ahead!} with a strong heart beat. 

I will continue seeing my RE weekly for blood work to start weaning off my meds, and I have my first appointment with my OB on January 31. It's going to be strange for me to have the usual few ultrasounds, but we are just beyond thankful for this sweet little one!


Measuring 7 weeks + 6 days at 15.4mm
Heart Rate is 163 bpm


No comments:

Post a Comment