Friday, January 26, 2018

High Five for Friday!

{one} Eli and Maddie are affectionately called snowflake babies, because they came to us through embryo adoption and were once frozen. So that would make me a snowflake mama! :)  Leah is a fellow snowflake mama, and she has designed some beautiful snowflake products to celebrate the uniqueness of our little ones. So when she posted a new snowflake mama t-shirt, I knew I wanted to get one! I was so excited when it arrived in the mail, and I can't wait to wear it and raise more awareness about embryo adoption. 


{two} I recently watched a documentary on Netflix called One More Shot. One couple documented their infertility and loss journey, sharing all the intimate details of trying to build their family. All the doctor appointments, the medication, the finances, the emotions, etc. I found myself crying, laughing, nodding along throughout the whole film. I was right back on our road to a family, experiencing all the emotions all over again. This film is not from a Christian perspective {and fair warning, there is some cussing}, but I would highly recommend it. It's a raw look at the reality of infertility and loss, what some couples face in growing their families. You can watch the trailer here

{three} I have also started listening to a new podcast called Hinge. It is an atheist and a pastor who are asking/answering hard questions about who Jesus was. It hasn't quite been what I expected...but it has still been interesting. They ask a lot of good questions, and I appreciate that there is room to question faith and belief.



{four} We had noticed that Eli looked a bit cross-eyed at times, so we decided to take him to see a pediatric ophthalmologist. They did a number of tests, dilated his little eyes, and concluded that he has high hyperopia. In other words, poor little guy can't see very well! His cross eye has resulted because he has been trying to compensate and actually see! So that means he will need glasses. We have ordered them, and are waiting for them to come in. I will update and provide a little more information then, but for now, we're just thankful we were able to identify the problem and now know how to fix it!

{five} So I am {maybe a little unreasonably} terrified of the flu. The one and only time I had it was in college during finals week, and all I remember is waking up feeling like I had been run over by a mack truck. Since being diagnosed with Crohn's Disease, I have received a flu shot every year, because the flu can be very bad for those with IBD {lasting for weeks and even causing a flare up}. And now with 2 babies who share every illness...I just want to avoid it at all costs. With the flu being so bad this year, and the flu vaccine not very effective this year, I just want to hibernate until March. So forgive me if I avoid the general public or even you...I'm just trying to keep my family healthy :)


No comments:

Post a Comment