Friday, April 28, 2017

{Flashback Friday} :: College Junior

Junior year officially started my enrollment in the business school. Even though I had been taking business classes the past 2 years, I was officially able to apply to the business school and declare my major. I chose to double major in Management and International Business. My last 2 years at Baylor were FULL of studying and working, but I still found some time for fun :)

I returned to Resident Life as a Community Leader for a second year, and ended up back in North Russell. So the 3 years I lived on campus, I called North Russell home. And I loved it. This second year as a CL brought a whole new set of challenges, but I was thankful for the opportunity to love and serve another set of residents. And of course, it was a whole new {and fun} staff :)

Sarah was the first resident that I met. I was thankful for her sweet spirit on our hall throughout the year.

North Russell Staff 2005-2006

My residents for the year :)

Baylor football still hadn't reached the fun RGIII days, and we were terrible. But it was still fun to go to the games. I loved that I got to continue hanging out with former residents, and I love these sweet girls. Sarah and Regan lived on my hall the year before, but we still found time to enjoy football games and hang out.



Just like the year before, I spent a lot of time with my CL staff. Staff development, training, and just having fun together was a big part of my junior year. We also spent a lot of time with other hall staffs, which was also really fun. I got really close with my hall director Shannon; I was so thankful for her sweet friendship.

Staff development

We loved the other hall directors!

Another CL dinner...we had a lot of them :)

With sweet Shannon; she was such a blessing to me!

With Tonya and April

Our hall directors decided to have us camp out in the middle of the quad while the residents were gone for a break. So we set up tents and made a fun night of it! 


It was SUPER cold, but it was fun to be "camping" with fun friends.

Fun birthday dinner with sweet friends

With my sweet friend April

Yes, that's me playing Rock Paper Scissors. My Strategy and Negotiations class hosted a full Rock Paper Scissors tournament, and I made it to the semi-finals. Ha!

One of my favorite traditions at Baylor is Diadeloso, or Day of the Bear. We get a day off from classes and the campus turns into a fun flurry of activities, games, and entertainment. This year, the theme was Snow Dia, so they hauled in a bunch of "snow" and had all kinds of cold activities. 



Starting my junior year and leading into my senior year, I got involved with the World Hunger Relief Farm in Waco. Their mission is to help alleviate hunger around the world, so they help train missionaries on the best ways to help communities build sustainable farming techniques. Since we got involved as a class project, we were there from a business side to help the ministry grow and market, but we also had ample opportunities to volunteer. There was no shortage of farm animals, and I did a lot of sowing of seeds, and even cut grass with a sickle :)


For our staff end of year party, our chosen theme was "Soccer Moms." Our outfits were complete with fanny packs, pearls, and kid buttons. It was definitely a fun way to wrap up another great year!


Our minivan :)

With Ginnie :)

And I can't believe that the end of my junior year is when I started blogging! It's crazy to look back over 10 years of writing, but I am thankful to have this record in my little corner of the internet.

Something fun to note is that I actually stayed in Waco the summer between my Junior and Senior year. I don't know why I don't have a single photo because it was the BEST summer. I stayed behind to take classes at the McLennan Community College. I worked at the front desk at the North Village, the new apartments on Baylor's campus at the time, so I got to live there for free. I also worked in the dean's office. The campus/city clears out during the summer, so it was definitely a change of pace, but one I loved! I grew to love Waco and its unique charm!


No comments:

Post a Comment