Monday, February 15, 2016

Stone Canyon Ranch

This past weekend, Mike and I had a little mini-retreat. As a surprise for my birthday {and Valentine's Day!}, Mike had booked this little cabin at Stone Canyon Ranch for us, and it was such a fun little getaway! 

It was only about an hour from home, so it was close enough to find fun places to eat, but still secluded enough that we felt like we were outside the craziness of the city.

The Civil War Cabin




There was a lot of rustic charm, but still all of the modern amenities. It was a great cabin, and we loved how peaceful the property was. The cabin was tucked away at the back of the property, and there was plenty of wide open space, horses, and quiet.



We spent our time watching movies, playing games, reading on the porch, taking walks, and just talking life. It was such a relaxing weekend, and we are so grateful for the time away together.


I have decided that I like staying in bed & breakfasts and/or cabins. These places offer so much charm and just seem to be more interesting to stay in than a normal hotel {not that I'm opposed to that}. I love being able to leave our little note behind in the journals, adding a piece of our story to the place's history.


I am so thankful for this guy. I love that he plans special getaways for us to reconnect and relax outside of normal life. I love that we can sit and read and be perfectly content. I love that he asks how my heart is doing. And I love that we can laugh together and make fun memories.

Date #5: Stone Canyon Ranch Weekend Date #wcsavethedate16


No comments:

Post a Comment