Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Infused Water Wednesday :: Strawberry + Lemon + Basil

Ya'll, I am terrible at drinking water. I actually don't drink a lot of liquids in general, so my water intake is pretty low. I don't really suffer from dehydration, but I know that if I drank more water I would be more healthy. Wouldn't we all?

So my new goal is to drink more water, and I have been thinking a lot about infused water. Part of my aversion to drinking water is that I think it's so...plain. I know that sounds ridiculous, but it's the truth.

Enter the Chilaqua fruit infuser water bottle :)

Find it on Amazon

I am SO excited about this! I have gathered a bunch of different infused water recipes, and I am going to figure out which ones are my favorites. As accountability, I am introducing Infused Water Wednesdays. I will post the "recipe" I use each week and my verdict.


First up: Strawberry + Lemon + Basil


Ingredients {to fit in the Chilaqua 24 oz. bottle}:

  • 3 strawberries, hulled and quartered
  • 1/2 lemon, rind removed, diced
  • 1 basil leaf, scrunched {to release the flavor}
  • 5-6 ice cubes
  • Filtered water

I chilled it in the refrigerator for a couple hours to let the flavors infuse the water :)



Verdict: Refreshing :)  

I really liked the strawberry/lemon flavor. I could only taste a little of the basil, so I might add some more next time to see if that changes the flavor. I will definitely use this recipe again; as long as strawberries are on sale!


No comments:

Post a Comment