Friday, July 12, 2013

High Five for Friday!

{one} I have been fighting varying sickness the past couple of weeks, most likely due to a lowered immune system. Thankfully I have had no Crohn's flare ups, but I have faced other stomach bugs and infections. It can be hard because I feel like it's constantly something...and if it's not one thing, it's another. An adjustment for sure. My hair is still falling out, but thankfully I am the only one who can tell {I can feel it is thinner, but it doesn't look like it. Yet.} I have started taking some vitamins in an effort to combat the loss, but now I have these fun, new-growth baby hairs that make the top of my head look CrAzY. Medicine is awesome...until it's not. Haha. But through it all, I am constantly reminded of God's grace and care in my life. And I am still very thankful that the bad Crohn's symptoms seem to be at bay.

{two} I got to have an impromptu lunch date with my sweet sister-in-law this week. I am just so thankful for her. Having an awesome sister is fun :)  I love when we can find time to catch up, though this may be the last lunch date {at least for a little while}, as her due date is quickly approaching. By the end of this month, we should get to meet our new niece!

{three} Last night, we had our dear friends David and Kristina over for dinner. They are home from Nicaragua for the summer, and it's always good to see them. Mike has known them for most of his life, and I had the opportunity to get to know them better on my trip to Nicaragua. I am always so encouraged by their faith and commitment to serving Jesus in Managua. We enjoyed catching up over some fish tacos, and then headed to downtown McKinney for a dessert night-cap. I just love summer nights with friends :)

{four} It's wedding month for my sweet friend Laura, and I couldn't be MORE excited to celebrate with her! She is finishing up the last minute details, and I am really looking forward to all the joys and excitement of the wedding week leading up to her and David's big day. Definitely will be blogging about that later...

{five} And the BEST part about this particular Friday is that it's my last work day before a week of vacation!! Sometimes the preparation for a vacation can be tough at work...but I am so thankful that my boss let me take the time off, even in the midst of the busy season. Mike and I will celebrate our 2 year anniversary, and I wil be helping Laura get married...it's going to be a GREAT week! :)


1 comment:

  1. yay! I'm so grateful for you and so glad it's time for vacation for both of us :) can't wait for all the fun to come in the next week--glad you'll be with me for it all

    ReplyDelete