Sunday, November 18, 2012

Sic 'Em Bears!

I am incredibly thankful for the opportunity I had to study at Baylor University. I loved my time at Baylor, and I couldn't have asked for a better college experience. I love going back to campus, taking a walk down memory lane, reminiscing the good times I had. It was an incredible blessing to spend 4 years there, and I wouldn't trade that time for anything.

This weekend, I had the chance to share Baylor with Mike, which was fun for me. He patiently listened as I told him where I spent my time while I was in Waco- where I lived, where I ate, where I had class...it was such a big part of my life, so it was fun to share those memories with him.

I loved walking to class every day...our campus is just so beautiful.

Another fun thing about being back in Waco was seeing sweet Baylor friends. I love these girls, and I am so blessed by the friendships we formed while we were at Baylor.

Nicki and I met freshman year; Laura and I met sophomore year. And we have been friends ever since!

We were able to meet up for dinner (which was fun to have all 6 of us together- the three of us with our boys!) and then head to the stadium for a football game. We didn't go into the game with high expectations (they were playing #1 BCS-ranked team); during our time at Baylor, football wasn't much to write home about. We joked about how the game would be one that we were excited to be a part of or one that would just bring back memories of our past college days...a nostalgia of sorts :)

Good to be back...

We had really good seats- right in the end zone, row 13!

Full stadium...another fun thing to be a part of.


But boy were we in for a treat! Not only did the bears hold their own against #1 Kansas State, they pretty much beat up on KSU for the win (52-24)! The whole time, Laura and I kept looking at each other with huge grins on our faces; neither one of us could believe this was actually happening! 

It was such a great game, and the stadium was going crazy. They made an announcement asking fans not to rush the field, but everyone pretty much just ignored it and had a dance party in the middle of Floyd Casey.


Pack it up, pack it in. Let me begin. I CAME TO WIN!

The game was awesome, and I am so glad we were there to be a part of it. I am so proud of my bears!! It was such a fun night, and I am so glad I got to share it with some of my favorite people.



Sic 'em Bears! :)

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment