Sunday, September 20, 2009

I'm Going to be Toby

My favorite show The Office premiered this week. I have to say that the episodes seem to be going downhill...I really hope the writing improves. But nonetheless, there will always be the previous seasons ;) I typically don't relate TV shows to my life; but when God placed a new opportunity in my path, I just couldn't help but think of Toby Flenderson, the HR guy from the show.

As many of you know, I started my new career in insurance about 5 months ago. Things have been going really well; God has blessed me in so many ways, and I have loved seeing His provision in my life. Recently, He has provided the opportunity for a promotion and a move in my career to Human Resources. I am going to be Toby! Haha. Of course, I hope I won't be as boring or hated as this character...it's just funny to me :)

I can't even express how excited I am about this position! I studied management at Baylor, so I feel like I am moving back to things I am more familiar with, particularly something that really seems to fit my skill set. I will still continue my insurance training, which means I get to continue with my major client, but in a few weeks, I will move into my new HR role. I feel completely blessed, and I am in complete awe of how God has orchestrated this new position for me. How awesome is God? I have been so encouraged; God's plans have proved to be better than anything I could have ever planned for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment