Sunday, June 16, 2019

Father's Day 2019

We got to celebrate our favorite guy today. We are thankful for him every day, but it's also fun to have a special day dedicated to spoiling him. 

We started the day off with presenting Mike with presents. Eli and Maddie colored the wrapping paper, and they were so excited to present the gift to their daddy. Of course, Eli kept saying he wanted to open it himself, but he was ok with helping Mike open it :)





We love reading books, and I loved these personalized books from Hooray Heroes. They're pretty long {read: too long for wiggly toddlers}, but I know these will be fun keepsakes as they grow older {and more attentive haha}. My gift to Mike is a guys' getaway at the lake with friends, so he didn't just open books that were basically a gift for Eli and Maddie :)




We got to Skype with my parents before church, and that was a sweet time to be able to "see" my dad for Father's Day. It's definitely not the same, and we are sad not to be with him in person, but we are thankful for modern technology that allows us to communicate when we are apart. And it's pretty darn cute to hear Eli and Maddie say "Happy Father's Day, Papa!" They love their Papa so much and constantly ask for him, wanting to know where he is and what he is doing. And I'm so thankful that my babies get to enjoy the amazing-ness that is my Dad. He is so hard-working and generous, and when he's around his grand-babies his fun-loving side comes out, and it makes me smile. Our babies are so blessed to have a Papa who loves and dotes on them!

We tried to go to lunch after church, but we had a couple kiddos on the edge, and the wait time was just too long. So we decided to just head home and try again for dinner. After naps we had planned to do some furniture shopping and go to dinner, but huge storms rolled in, so our plans were thwarted again. So instead we ordered dinner in and just enjoyed family time at home.


Babe, I love you so much, and I am so proud of the man you are, the daddy you are becoming, and the husband you have always been. You are the one with whom I look forward to sharing the details of my day, the one who makes me smile when I need encouragement. You are the one I love to pray with, laugh with, and walk beside as we walk this adventure of parenthood together. It was a long, difficult journey to get here, but now look at how full your arms are with 3 wiggly little ones! How good is our God? You are an amazing Daddy to our babies, you are a better husband than I ever could have imagined, and you are my best friend. You will always be my love.

Happy Father's Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment