Friday, June 1, 2018

High Five for Friday!

{one} Hello summer! Except we still have 21 days until the actual first day of summer, and we are already hitting record-high temps. I normally love the summer heat, but I have to admit that I might struggle this summer. You know, having an extra heater living inside my belly and all. I am super thankful we have access to a pool...if you need me, I'll be the floating whale hanging out at the neighborhood pool haha :)

{two} I am excited to walk through this topical study this summer! I have heard good things about Melissa Kruger's books, and I am looking forward to gleaning some wisdom on motherhood. I am hoping to dive back into a more formal Bible study in the fall, so I think this will be a good intro back into a study routine. 

Amazon

{three}
I have officially been sick for a month. A whole month. And I am exhausted. Thankfully, it's just a cough/cold that just won't clear up. But I am more than ready to move past this. I have been blessed with remission in my Crohn's and relative good health. But when I get a simple illness like this, I am reminded of my broken immune system. It takes me longer to recover from a basic cold because I take an immunosuppressant. And since I am pregnant, my immune system is even further suppressed. I don't mean this to sound like a complaint...though my tired little body just wants to be well again haha. But it is a good reminder to me of the health I do experience and how the Lord has been gracious to me despite my broken body. It definitely reminds me not to take my good days for granted.

{four} I have a long list of things to accomplish over the summer before Aiden arrives! I need to finish unpacking and getting us settled from our move. Thankfully I am nearing the end, so I hope to have everything done soon. I feel so behind in preparing for Aiden {at least compared to the twins}; we have most of what we need, but nothing is actually ready for him. It's all still in boxes and needs to be organized. So my major project over the summer is to get his room ready. I also want to get Eli and Maddie using utensils to eat. We are WAY far behind on this, as it's often just easier {and cleaner in some ways} to let them just go for it. But my goal this summer is to have them using forks and spoons like the big kids they are already! Wish us luck :)

{five} We are looking forward to another fun weekend! We are planning some more time at the pool/spray fountain, a visit to see Granny {who recently had knee surgery}, another GREAT time at Sunday school {fingers crossed}, and some fun time with Uncle Michael!


No comments:

Post a Comment