Thursday, June 28, 2018

31 Weeks

Lookin' pretty rough this week haha...no makeup, hair in hat = week of swim lessons with Eli and Maddie!

How far along? 31 weeks
Days since transfer: 198 days
Total weight gain: +24.0
Maternity clothes? Some of my maternity pants are starting to feel a little uncomfortable, and I am realizing that I only wore them at the beginning of my twin pregnancy. So even this bump is outgrowing my maternity clothes...
Sleep: This week has been the return of the insomnia...I fall asleep just fine {because I am just so tired at the end of the day}. But then when I inevitably wake up in the wee hours of the morning to pee, I can't go back to sleep for several hours. It's starting to get pretty annoying, as I am basically starting every day at 2 or 3 am...
Best moment of the week: When Mike came home! He traveled out of town over the weekend, so we were glad to have him back home. Also, getting to spend the week with my parents! My dad was here over the weekend, and then my mom stayed for the week to help with Eli and Maddie's swim class.
Cravings: Nothing specific this week. Just can't get enough water!
Symptoms: My hips are starting to feel a bit more achy, and I am starting to feel a little bit of a slow down. Still not quite to the extent of my twin pregnancy, but definitely feeling the heat and weight of pregnancy. Something didn't agree with my stomach this week, and I had a night where I was pretty sick; the hard part was that baby boy had flipped and his little head was practically up under my ribs, which made my sickness all that much more uncomfortable and difficult. I literally had to push on his head to get him to move, just so I could breathe!
Labor Signs: I am adding this category now, only because I went into preterm labor with Eli and Maddie just after 31 weeks. Hopefully we won't see any signs of labor anytime soon, but I am definitely on the lookout, just to be sure!
Looking forward to: My next OB appointment! I see her again next Thursday, and then after that will start seeing her every 2 weeks...how are we already at that point??

-------

Size of baby? About the size of a 1 pound jar of Nutella, a football, or a large movie popcorn
Development: His brain connections are developing at a rapid pace. He is now processing information, tracking light, and perceiving signals from all five senses. He is growing fast- quickly approaching his birth length. He is also putting in longer stretches of sleep. He is making faces, hiccuping, swallowing, breathing, pedaling with his feet and hands, and sucking his thumb.
Heartbeat: Looking forward to hearing it again next week!
Movement: It seems like he is flipping a lot. I definitely felt his little head up by my ribs a couple of times this week, so I need him to settle down, get his little head in the right position, and stay there! :)
Gender Predictions? It's a BOY! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment