Thursday, June 7, 2018

28 Weeks



How far along?
 28 weeks
Days since transfer: 177 days
Total weight gain: +19.0
Maternity clothes? Yep. Though I am realizing that I don't have any maternity shorts, so I may have to go in search of some before too long...
Sleep: Sleep was a little more elusive this week. I finally stopped taking Robitussin at night for my cough, and thankfully my cough didn't keep my up...pregnancy insomnia took care of that. Hopefully my body is just adjusting back to sleeping on its own and the insomnia subsides a little.
Best moment of the week: I have started holding music down low on my belly to try and coax baby boy to flip {since he is currently breech}. I know he has plenty of time to flip on his own, but why not let him enjoy some music? When Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing came on, he REALLY started moving! It was so fun to feel him react and seemingly enjoy the music :)  Also, getting a few more things unpacked and organized for Aiden's nursery. I have a long way to go, but it's a start!
Cravings: More cravings for food I can't have...this week I dreamed about a Chris Madrid's burger and Macho Nachos haha. Chris Madrid's is a San Antonio landmark, and probably my most favorite hamburger in the whole world. Guess it will just have to remain in my dreams... Sigh
Symptoms: Is HOT a symptom?? As in, melting, sweating, feels like I am constantly in a sauna hot?? It's going to be a LONG summer haha. I actually felt good for most of the week, but the last couple of days I have felt pretty uncomfortable. Baby boy has been in some awkward positions that just made it hard to sit/stand/lay in any sort of comfortable way {and also makes my belly lopsided}. Mike even said, "it looks like Aiden is sticking out more torpedo-ee" haha. Yep. I'm hoping it's because he is moving head down, like he's supposed to! My hips have been a little more achy this week, but nothing too bad yet. I am still amazed at how good I actually feel at this stage :)
Looking forward to: Eli's first haircut, more time at the pool, and another fun family weekend! :) I go for my glucose test next week, so I look forward to passing that, while also checking on our little man. I will also have another ultrasound to check on those placental lakes, so I'll be happy to actually see our sweet boy again!

-------

Size of baby? About the size of a Nintendo, a 1 pound basket of wings, or a baseball cap
Development: His newly opened eyes are sensitive to light; sunlight on my belly can penetrate into my uterus and he may see a faint glow {crazy!} About this time, he should be settling head down {come on, baby boy!} He is practicing his blinking skills, coughing, more intense sucking, hiccuping, and better breathing. He may also be dreaming!
Heartbeat: Looking forward to hearing and seeing it again at our ultrasound next week!
Movement: Oh man, this little dude is a mover! I told Mike that there have been several days in a row when I wasn't quite sure when he actually slept because he seemed to move all day AND all night. And the kicking...he kicks me NON-STOP. And just when I think he's calming down and my belly is still for a bit, I'll see my belly jolt in one direction from a kick. I guess when you have more room, you can get more momentum behind your kick??
Gender Predictions? It's a BOY! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment