Thursday, June 21, 2018

30 Weeks


How far along? 30 weeks
Days since transfer: 191 days
Total weight gain: +22.2
Maternity clothes? Yes. I am definitely feeling the heat of the summer. I rarely get cold while pregnant anyway, so the added summer heat adds a new dynamic to my wardrobe choices. I doubt there will be much pants-wearing {at home} as the summer wears on. It's just. too. hot.
Sleep: I have slept a little better this week. My insomnia seemed to be a little better {though not completely gone}, but I have woken up quite a bit with back pain, so that hasn't been super fun.
Best moment of the week: Celebrating Father's Day! I am just so thankful that we get to celebrate this sweet day, and now with another little one on the way :)
Cravings: Grilled cocktail onions. Haha. We grilled chicken kabobs this past weekend, and we use cocktail onions on them, and I just can't get enough of them! Which is funny, because I don't really like onions in general. But grilled cocktail onions? Yes please :)
Symptoms: I have had some more headaches this week. I got my blood work back from my OB visit and learned that I was trending toward anemia. So I have to increase my iron intake, which will hopefully start to help with my headaches. My hips started aching a bit more this week, and I tweaked my back at some point, so that has been pretty sore/tender. So all kinds of aches and pains this week haha.
Looking forward to: Having my parents here this weekend! Mike is traveling over the weekend, so I am thankful to have the extra hands and just be able to have some good family time.

-------

Size of baby? About the size of half a large Cheesecake Factory cheesecake or a garden gnome
Development: He's going to start packing on the weight at a rate of half a pound per week for the next seven weeks {awesome}. His brain is starting to develop grooves and indentations, which allow for an increased amount of brain tissue. The lanugo {soft, downy hair covering his body} is starting to disappear, and his bone marrow has completely taken over production of red blood cells. 
Heartbeat: Was 141 bpm at our last appointment
Movement: Moving all the time! My development app says his movements may have slowed this week because he's running out of room...but my little guy is still super active, and I love it :)
Gender Predictions? It's a BOY! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment