Thursday, June 14, 2018

29 Weeks


How far along? 29 weeks
Days since transfer: 184 days
Total weight gain: +22.0
Maternity clothes? Yep. I was getting ready for church last week and had one of those moments where nothing fit right, and I just felt like a whale in everything I put on. I'm not any bigger than I was with the twins, but I guess I just wasn't feelin' the maternity wear in that moment. Better get over that quick, because this little one is growing fast, and I still have awhile to go!
Sleep: Still having a lot of insomnia this week, which isn't super awesome. Maybe I am just noticing it more this time around, since I can't just take a nap in the middle of the day anymore. Plus, I'm finding that if I am able to sneak a quick nap while E&M are napping, it just makes it that much harder to fall asleep at night. But apparently, when I am able to sleep, I sleep pretty soundly. We have officially entered the snoring phase of pregnancy. Poor Mike sweetly said the other day that he might have to go sleep in another room...I thought for sure I would last a little longer before that started, but I guess not. Sorry babe!
Best moment of the week: Lots of fun things this week...seeing our sweet boy on ultrasound this week, and learning that he finally moved head down! Let's hope he stays that way haha. Also, scoring some baby items for Aiden, while simultaneously passing on some items to other twin moms- win, win! I got a Boppy pillow for free and blessed another twin mama with our Twin Z pillow. I also found a Solly baby wrap for an awesome price, which I am really excited about because I want to baby wear Aiden and needed something more lightweight than my Boba wrap for when he first arrives.
Cravings: No weird food dreams this week haha. I actually haven't been super hungry this week. Which you can't tell by the numbers creeping up on the scale...
Symptoms:  I have had some headaches this week, so I am watching those. Thankfully they haven't been too bad. I also started getting a little indigestion, so I am trying to eat smaller meals. And I am almost positive I have had some Braxton Hicks contractions. You would think I would know for sure about that, but I just didn't register them with the twins, so I feel like a total newbie again.
Looking forward to: A free weekend at home before the craziness of some full weekends coming up! Celebrating Father's Day with Mike :)

-------

Size of baby? About the size of a 1 gallon jug of milk, a loaf of bread, or Gizmo*
Development: He is starting the process of putting on more fat deposits, so his skin will start smoothing out. His kicks and jabs are going to become more vigorous because he is stronger and excitedly responding to all sorts of stimuli.
Heartbeat: Was 141 bpm at 28 weeks + 5 days
Movement: Moving ALL the time! He kicks and jabs constantly. I still am not sure when he sleeps, but for now, I will just enjoy his sweet movements!
Current Position: Head down! Let's hope he stays there...but I know he'll probably flip back and forth until the end :)

*from the movie Gremlins...I had nightmares about this movie for years! But Gizmo was cute :)




No comments:

Post a Comment