Tuesday, June 12, 2018

One Appointment to Rule Them All

Today was a full and long appointment. At least it felt that way, since my last appointments have been just quick checks, in and out. It just seemed like there were A LOT of things to cram into one visit!

Glucose Test
Up first: my 1 hour glucose test. This time I got the fruit punch flavor, and it wasn't too bad at all :)  I didn't have as bad an aftertaste as last time, so that was nice. I should have my results in the next week or so, so hopefully I passed and don't have to worry about the 3 hour test or gestational diabetes. I have eaten WAY less sugar this pregnancy than I did the last, mostly because I just haven't craved it like I did before. I still have had my fair share of sweet tea, but my sweet tooth seems to be a little calmer this time around. I hope that bodes well for my results. 


Ultrasound
I also had an ultrasound today to check on those placental lakes. Because my fundal height was measuring a week behind at my last appointment, my doctor wanted to check on Aiden, to make sure those placental lakes were not affecting his growth. And thankfully we have absolutely nothing to worry about! Baby boy is growing just fine, clocking in at a whopping 3 pounds, 11 ounces...well into the 97th percentile :)

I got to see his sweet profile, and he was being super sweet and waving at the ultrasound wand. And of course, the technician commented on how active he is. Yep. He's pretty much moving ALL the time now! The really good news is that she was able to confirm that he is now head down!! Now we just hope and pray that he stays there :)


- Heart Rate is 141 bpm
- Weighs 3 lbs, 11 oz.


Check Up and Shots
I didn't get to meet with my doctor today because she is out of town, but I did meet with one of the Certified Nurse Midwives. I got my Tdap vaccine today, as well as another Rhogam shot {because I am RH Negative}. They also measured my fundal height, which is measuring at 30 weeks {which makes sense, with my gigantic baby haha}. I asked about my risk of preterm labor, since I went into preterm labor with the twins at 31 weeks. Thankfully, it was as I expected...twins are just their own category of pregnancy, so as long as my cervix stays long and closed {which it currently is}, I shouldn't have any problems. Thankfully I do not have any other risk factors for preterm labor, so there's a chance this little one will go all the way to his due date. Though, his size may play a factor into some decisions toward the end...


No comments:

Post a Comment