Thursday, April 19, 2018

21 Weeks



How far along? 21 weeks
Days since transfer: 128 days
Total weight gain: +10.0 {no gain this week...hmmm}
Maternity clothes? I successfully made it to our move without unpacking our maternity clothes! But now it's definitely time :)
Sleep: Still sleeping fairly well. I had some insomnia again this week, but I think that's mostly due to our move...my brain just can't shut off as it runs through my endless to-do list.
Best moment of the week: Getting to feel baby more! I love the kicks and flips, and I especially love when Mike can feel them too. Also, getting to show the new house to family! We're getting closer to the actual transition to the new house, and while things are definitely crazy, we are so excited! 
Cravings: Nothing specific this week. I still have a sweet tooth, but haven't actually eaten much sugar this week.
Symptoms: Overall, I feel good! Baby boy is starting to kick my bladder a bit more, so I find myself running to the bathroom more often. Also, pregnancy/mommy brain has definitely set in. I mean, I am definitely dumber after having Eli and Maddie {it's a real thing, and it makes me so sad haha}. But it's definitely getting worse...you know, like when you schedule a TV installation without having moved your TV yet...oops. There really is no defense for that, but I will say that the technician was able to successfully complete the install without my TV, so there's that. WIN. And I provided him a good laugh and story. So, you're welcome TV Installation Guy...you won't forget the crazy lady that scheduled a TV installation without her TV and had 2 crazy toddlers running around, dropping Sam's-sized Cholula bottles on the tile floor. Thank you for at least trying to keep your laughter at bay :)
Looking forward to: Moving into our new home! And getting unpacked...I am ready to be rid of boxes!

-------

Size of baby? About the size of a Chipotle burrito, a bottle of Sriracha, or an 80s fanny pack
Development: This week, measurements switch from crown-to-rump to crown-to-heel length. His little arms and legs are finally in proportion, and neurons are connected between the brain and muscles. Cartilage is turning to bone. So all this means more control over limb movements. But despite all of his movement, he is still sleeping a lot. He is practicing his swallowing, and his taste buds are developed.
Heartbeat: Supposedly you can hear baby's heartbeat with a stethoscope now...I haven't tried it, but if I get access to one, I will definitely try it!
Movement: Definitely feeling him A LOT more! I can even feel him doing somersaults haha. Mike got to feel him kick this week, which is always fun! 
Gender Predictions? It's a BOY! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment