Friday, April 13, 2018

High Five for Friday!

{one} I posted my weekly bump photo yesterday, and I can't believe we are already halfway{ish} through this pregnancy! I thought it would be fun to do a little side by side comparison of my twin bump vs. this singleton bump...but looking at the two photos, I am trying to figure out how on earth my bump is bigger with one baby haha! Despite the fact that my bump looks bigger, it is definitely smaller from hip to hip {so I guess he just sticks out farther?}, and it feels a whole lot lighter! Also notice how less tired and refreshed I look 2 years ago...   :)


{two} We are in FULL packing/moving mode around here! I do as much as I can while babies are napping, because having 2 little "helpers" makes getting anything done practically impossible :)  We are also going to have to do some serious baby proofing in the new house...they can reach and have already figured out how to open any and all doors {yikes!}, and cabinets are a joke to them. Someone asked me why I wanted to keep them out of all the rooms...and it was hard to explain what it's like to have 2 kiddos pulling any and everything out of cabinets/drawers/closets in separate rooms because there are 2 of them. Think: monkey see, monkey do. They divide and conquer, and they're FAST. I just have to run to the bathroom for 60 seconds and the house is completely destroyed. So that's the crazy toddler stage we're in right now!

{three} This is completely random and probably super uninteresting, but can we talk about the crazy weather?? In the last week, we have had temperatures ranging from 82 to 26. We have had tornado warnings, hail, high winds, and sunshine. I know it's spring in Texas, and we often have crazy weather patterns, but I don't ever remember it being 26 degrees in April. This is what I like to refer to as "stupid cold." I am hoping the crazy cold temperatures are behind us, and we can look forward to real spring warmth!



{four} So Mike recently got a promotion at work, and I am so proud of him! He has been working really hard, filling in a lot of gaps as changes in personnel have occurred, and I am excited about this new position for him. It will give him the opportunity to do more direct one-on-one coaching, as well as engage with a broad range of church leaders again, which are both things he excels in. I am so thankful for how hard he works to provide for our family, and I am thankful for how the Lord continues to show His grace in Mike's work. 

{five} We're headed up to the new house again this weekend to try to move some more boxes and get a few things done. I'm glad I'll have help, so then maybe we can divide and conquer the twin tornadoes and actually get some tasks checked off the list! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment