Friday, October 9, 2015

High Five for Friday!

{one} I spent the the week at the office, training my {2nd} new replacement. The original person they hired for my position ended up not being a good fit. I have been filling in as much as possible, but mostly just helping to manage the work flow. I am so excited that they decided to promote my sweet co-worker and friend Kirston! Like I mentioned before, I will still stay on to do some consulting work, but my hours will be a little more consistent now. I love seeing my old co-workers, but I am also thankful for this season where I don't have to be at the office full time anymore.

{two} This week was crazy for work, and as I was running out the door to head to the office, I found a surprise waiting for me on my car hood:


My sweet friend had left me a cute bag of encouragement. Baked goods, a gift card for coffee, and a sweet note. Week made. I'm so thankful for her.


{three} Mike's job is going well, and he is totally rockin' it {like I knew he would}. His job requires him to travel a little, and this week he was in Houston. The house is so quiet when he's gone, and I cannot WAIT for him to get back every time he's gone. But when Mike's away...I let Sasha sleep in our bedroom {something she hasn't been allowed to do since my single days because she makes too much noise moving around during the night}. Is it weird that I love listening to my puppy snore?? :)

{four} Ya'll, I hate Crohn's. There are lots of things about it that are bad, but one thing in particular that I hate is how noisy my insides can be. One of the awesome things about Crohn's is that your stomach and intestines will make gurgling or other noises. LOUD noises. All the time. At random times. And especially during otherwise quiet times {like during church, or when you're in a meeting, or while you're praying}. It never fails. And it's so embarrassing. It's a good thing I am secure enough in who I am?? There's really no other point to this other than to share a little more of my reality. Welcome to {normal} every day life with Crohn's. #themoreyouknow 

{five} So this is kind of random and fun: Lindsay and I decided to rent a booth at a craft show :) We will be selling our handmade items at the Holly Daze Bazaar in Fort Worth on November 14! She's tackling the sewing, and I'm focused on the home decor and holiday items. We are both SO. STINKIN'. EXCITED. Ya'll, I've got the sander out, and everything :) We don't know what we got ourselves into, but we can't wait to figure it out! We've been doing a lot of planning and crafting lately, and we have had so much fun getting ready. We may not make a penny, but we sure are having fun trying! {and there may or not be an Etsy shop coming...}


No comments:

Post a Comment