Friday, August 28, 2015

High Five for Friday!

{one} We are officially moved in to our new home and have been busy unpacking and getting settled. I realized the other day as I was unpacking boxes that I could have very well been doing that in Kansas or Michigan, far away from everything familiar. But instead, I am unpacking my new home just minutes from family and friends. That blessing is not lost on me, and I am so thankful for this season. It may not last forever, but I want to enjoy it while I can.

{two} National Dog Day was on Wednesday, so I am a few days late, but I wanted to be sure to post a photo of my favorite pup! Puppy is still not so sure about her new home, never letting me wander too far. She definitely doesn't seem comfortable in her new surroundings yet, but I am sure it won't take long. She at least has her favorite nap spot still :)


{three} Even though I left my executive assistant position, I have been doing a little consulting with them. For the foreseeable future, I will be doing some work from home for them. It's a win-win, where I can help a little more with the transition and growth while earning a little extra income. It has worked out really well, and I am excited about this opportunity. It's the perfect fit; the work from home aspect works out well for my health, and I still get to work with some of my favorite people.

{four} The McCulloughs instituted Thursday Ice Cream Family Fun Time :)  Every Thursday, whoever is available can meet for ice cream. We made it to our first family fun time this week, enjoying time with family and yummy ice cream from Sweet Firefly. We won't be able to make it every week, but I LOVE this fun new tradition!


{five} Our sweet friend Jon is stepping away from the young adult ministry at church and moving on to be the Worship Pastor. While I know the young adult ministry will have a huge hole to fill, we are excited for what the Lord is going to do through Jon and his wife Sami next! On Sunday, we will be going to a Communion Reunion Dinner to honor them and celebrate with sweet friends from the group. I am excited to see old friends and reminisce about the ministry that was so vital to my spiritual growth when I moved to Dallas.


No comments:

Post a Comment