Friday, July 3, 2015

Goodbye IB

When Mike started his new job, we made the decision for me to step away from working full time. I needed to step away for awhile, so that I could focus on my health. There's a part of me that is frustrated that I even have to make such a decision {because my body just can't do what it used to do}, but I am so very thankful that I have the opportunity to make it. My sweet husband has always been super supportive of my career, and he has always taken good care of me. I am thankful for the time I will have to take a break and make sure I am as healthy as I can be.

So today I said goodbye to the IB family. It was definitely a bittersweet departure. Aside from event planning, I don't think I have ever loved a job more. I loved everything about being an executive assistant, and I could not have asked for a better group of people to work alongside.






The last 3 years have been an absolute blessing. From the incredible way the Lord provided this job, to the sweet relationships I have built, I just cannot say enough how much I enjoyed this job. I was able to see the excitement of preparing for and completing an IPO, and I have been a part of a lot of growth and change. I have worked alongside some of the greatest business leaders in the city, and it has been such a joy and privilege to serve them.

I am definitely sad to leave this IB family behind. It's a little strange to be closing {for now} the chapter of my working-outside-the-home life. I am, however, excited for what the Lord might have for me next!


No comments:

Post a Comment