Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Embryo Adoption :: Trying Again

Today I went to see my doctor again to figure out next steps. I just have to say that I am incredibly grateful for her. No one ever wants to have to see an RE, but I am so thankful for the one the Lord provided to us. I loved her the instant I met her, and she has been an amazing support along our journey. She is incredibly respectful and supportive of our decisions, and she has done everything in her power to help guide us in the process. 

The first thing out of her mouth today was an apology and empathy for our heartache. I say empathy because she gets it. She herself walked through infertility, so it has only served to make her that much better suited for her position. She has an incredible compassion for her patients, and I wouldn't want to be working with anyone else.

So what's next? The good news is that we can try again beginning with my next cycle. She actually recommended sooner rather than later because of my endometriosis. We have 4 day-3 embryos left, and so they will thaw them a couple of days before the transfer and let them grow to day-5. The protocol will otherwise be the same as far as meds, lining check, and FET. 

So now we're waiting {and praying} for the start of a new cycle. She did warn me this one will be intense, so I'm not looking forward to that. But I am thankful that it will mean that we will be able to try again with our other babies. Our hearts are still processing the loss of our first 2 {Jack and Jill}, but we have 4 other little ones still waiting for us.


No comments:

Post a Comment