Tuesday, September 8, 2015

{DIY} :: Curtain Ties

We are getting settled in our new home {pics to follow soon!}, and I am enjoying making this space our own. I made my own curtain ties for our kitchen windows, and I am pretty proud of how they turned out! They were super simple and inexpensive; they probably took about 5 minutes to make.

Found these in the scrapbook section

They already had twist ties connected, which I used to attach the burlap flower to burlap ribbon.

I used fabric glue to attach velcro to the ends. I would have sewn the velcro on, but I haven't unpacked my sewing machine yet. We'll see how the fabric glue holds up over time...

And I'm done! Simple and easily detachable.

Because the ribbon part is burlap, it keeps the whole tie from sliding off the curtain so they stay in place with no problem.


Materials: fabric flowers, burlap ribbon, velcro, fabric glue
Tools: scissors, foam brush
Total Project Cost: $8 {thanks to 40% of coupons}



No comments:

Post a Comment