Friday, March 21, 2014

High Five for Friday!

{one} I have been s.l.o.w.l.y. recovering from being sick. It is taking WAY longer than I expected; being sick is such a drag! I still have this nasty cough that is hanging on, but otherwise I think I am at least heading in the right direction. I just need to make it through these last few cold days, and hopefully the weather will stabilize soon to help with the healing process.

{two} Wednesday we had dinner with some new friends we met through the Acts 29 Network. It was a good time to talk ministry and life, and we are thankful for the encouragement of these new friends. 

{three} Thursday I spent the day at an off-site training for our new Cognos software {because that's the exciting life of a banker!} The only reason I mention it is because it brought back memories of working at Wortham...right before I left, I had started training on a more complicated version of Cognos. I never thought I would have to work in it again...or be involved in insurance, for that matter. But my responsibilities at the bank have brought BOTH back into my repertoire. Who knew?

{four} Our sweet friends Adrian and Sami are getting married this weekend! Thursday was their rehearsal and dinner, and we both get to help be a part of their special day {Mike as officiant, me as videographer. Prayers please.} We couldn't be more excited for these two, and we cannot wait to celebrate with them!

LOVE this pic :)

{five} Today Mike and I had a fun lunch/fingerprinting date. Explanation: some friends of ours are fostering to adopt; we were asked to be official babysitters, so we have to submit our fingerprints to the state. We made our appointments for this afternoon and just decided to make it a lunch date. Because that's how we roll ;)

Happy Friday!


No comments:

Post a Comment