Wednesday, March 19, 2014

10,000 Reasons

This is a few years old, but I have had it running through my head for the past couple of days. It's just a good song, full of truths that I need to affirm right now.
 
Whatever may pass, and whatever lies before me...let me be singing when the evening comes.
 
No matter what happens- good or bad, planned or unplanned- I want to still be singing His praises at the end of it all. I want this to be true every day of my life. Despite how uncertain and overwhelming things are right now, I want to be able to sing His praises.
 
Sing like never before, O my soul...I'll worship Your holy name.
 
I have to confess that my heart doesn't necessarily feel like praising Him right now. My heart is filled more with anxiety and frustration than thanksgiving. It's too easy to take my eyes off Jesus and focus on the here and now. But He is worthy of my praise, regardless of the storms of life. He is still holy and good.
 
You're rich in love, and You're slow to anger...Your name is great, and Your heart is kind.
 
When I can look past my circumstances, the darkness clears and I know these truths to be real. His love is extravagant, and He is incredibly patient with my wandering heart. His name is great, and it's incredibly comforting to know that His heart is kind. He hasn't forgotten me, and He loves me more than I will probably ever know this side of eternity.
 
For all Your goodness I will keep on singing...ten thousand reasons for my heart to find.
 
There are probably more than ten thousand reasons that I could find to praise Him. I have only just skimmed the surface of counting 1000 gifts in a year. Those are only things He has given to me {and only the ones I can think of that particular day}. It doesn't count the innumerable things I take for granted or the depths of His character.
 
And so in spite of all my fears and struggles, I place the song on repeat and affirm the praise due His name....
 
 
The sun comes up, it's a new day dawning
It's time to sing Your song again
Whatever may pass, and whatever lies before me
Let me be singing when the evening comes
 
:: {chorus} ::
Bless the Lord, O my soul, O my soul
Worship His holy name
Sing like never before, O my soul
I'll worship Your holy name
 
You're rich in love, and You're slow to anger
Your name is great, and Your heart is kind
For all Your goodness I will keep on singing
Ten thousand reasons for my heart to find
 
{chorus}
 
And on that day when my strength is failing
The end draws near and my time has come
Still my soul will sing Your praise unending
Ten thousand years and then forevermore
 
{chorus}
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment