Friday, March 7, 2014

High Five for Friday!

{one} Texas weather is CrAzY. More crazy than usual. It was sunny and 75 on Saturday, then it dropped to 20 and ice on Sunday. We're going to see some more yo-yo temperatures for the next couple of weeks, but I am hoping it stabilizes soon. My poor aching body can't take much more of it! Come on, Spring!!  Today is one of the warmer days, so I plan to enjoy it! {and who remembered that daylight savings begins this weekend??}
 
{two} Speaking of poor aching body...I have been battling a bad cold and cough this week, which has completely zapped my energy. I am definitely glad it's Friday and the end of the work week. I'm feeling better today, but the lingering cough wears me out. The Lord has protected me the entire winter season from all of the varying illnesses floating around...but it finally caught me in the remaining days of the winter weather. I am hoping my body can fight it off on its own and that it won't turn into anything worse. I would appreciate your prayers! {I'm sure my hubby would too...the coughing fits and man-voice are less than attractive}.
 
{three} I had dinner with Laura last night, which was so great. We're both so busy, so we don't get to hang out every week like we would like to. But I am so grateful when we get to sneak in a little hang out time here and there! A warm cup of soup {or mac & cheese} and a conversation with my best friend makes a lot of things much better.
 
{four} I recently finished 2 books: The Antelope in the Living Room by Melanie Shankle and The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. These books couldn't be more opposite, but I enjoyed them both! Antelope was lighthearted and funny; I love how the author shares her story, and it's a light-hearted look at marriage. I laughed out loud on more than one occasion while reading this book. The Book Thief was more somber; it is the story of a young German girl during World War II, and it is narrated by Death {see, complete opposite: no laughing in this book}. But I really enjoy historical fiction, and it was a well-written book. What to read next?? :)
 
{five} I am thankful for a mom who is a preschool teacher. Ya'll, I am not a teacher, but {like everyone else at Redeemer}, I am in the rotation for kids ministry. Our current curriculum is a little tough, but still manageable for the elementary-aged kids. For the little ones, though? Well, again...I am thankful for a mom who is a preschool teacher :) While I stare at the lesson, completely drawing a blank on how to teach it to little ones, my mom rattles off countless ideas on how to engage their little minds. I always knew my mom was good with little ones, but I have an even greater appreciation for all the years of experience and expertise she has.
 
Happy Friday!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment