Monday, September 30, 2013

{iPhone Rewind} :: September

We spent Labor Day weekend with my parents in San Antonio. We learned a new card game called "Golf" and really enjoyed playing several rounds!

Mike packed us dinner and we headed out to the park. We decided to take Sasha with us, and she wasn't too sure about the swans...she seemed interested in them, but was really more concerned with the fact that Mike was feeding chips to them and not her :)

One of my sweet co-workers recently got married and is moving to Ft. Worth. We had a going away lunch for her, which was bittersweet. On our way out of the restaurant, they wanted to snap a photo; this is what happens when the accounting department is on the loose!

My sweet husband told me he had a surprise for me that he had made himself. He went to Michael's, bought supplies, and then made this adorable date night jar :) I love his creativity and how he spent the time to think of date nights for us. I'm excited to see all of the dates he planned!

My boss gets cooler mail than your boss! ;) Seriously, what the heck? It came with assembly instructions and the promise of more pieces to come...haha. I guess it worked because it got my attendtion, for sure.

The sweet lady in our church is still working on that project for work, so we offered to take her kids for the afternoon. It was also her birthday, so the kids spent the day making her a cake and sweet posters/cards!

Kroger had this creamer on display right as you walked in the door...and it was on sale...and I totally bought some...and I'm totally addicted. It tastes like fall {if fall had a taste}  :)

We got to baby-sit our sweet neighbors' little boy. He thinks "Pathtor Mike" is the coolest person ever {and let's be honest, he is}. He had a grand time using Mike's face as a race track for his cars :)

Mike had an opportunity to preach at our McKinney Chick-Fil-A! The owner hosts a quarterly worship service for his employees and asked if Mike would come preach on community. It was fun to be in a Chick-Fil-A on a Sunday! Sadly, there was no chicken, but we did get sweet tea :)


2 comments:

  1. I'd forgotten about golf! I went through a serious golf phase a few years ago, but now I can't remember how to play.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha- I had never heard of it, but I really enjoyed it! Apparently there are a lot of variations to the game... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golf_(card_game). We played with 4 cards.

      Delete