Saturday, September 21, 2013

DIY: Date Night Jar (courtesy of my husband!!)

My sweet husband gave me a surprise this week. He presented me with this lovely jar:


How adorable is that? He spent time thinking of fun ideas for us that I get to pick out of the jar when we have a planned date night. I love it!! So not only will it help us be more intentional about having date night, it will also be nice to have ready-made ideas. I'm excited to see what he came up with!

He said he saw the idea on Pinterest {via someone's Facebook post...but props to him for taking interest in my love for Pinterest ideas} and set to work. Can we just take a minute and appreciate the fact that he went shopping at Michael's {one of his least favorite places} and made this himself? He even purposely chose the color from our wedding {teal}. Best. Husband. Ever. :)

Materials: Mason jar, acrylic paint (or according to my husband- magical love paint haha), tongue depressors, paint pen
Total Project Cost: Priceless :) Ok- he spent $10.

We had our first Date Night Jar {DNJ} date last night: going out to eat and a movie. We have been holding on to a couple of gift cards to the Cheesecake Factory, so we decided to go ahead and use them {hey. if you can get away with date night on the cheap, I say go for it!}



We went to see Elysium. It was bad. Seriously, skip it. But it was still fun to have a date night with my love!!


No comments:

Post a Comment