Friday, September 13, 2013

High Five for Friday!

{one} Things at work have been BUSY. With the transitions and changes, I am now assisting 4 executives, so there is no lack of things to do! Most days it's fairly manageable {they are being kind to me, I am sure}. But there is that 6-8 day span of time surrounding the monthly board meeting that everything in the office is just nuts. As crazy as it gets and as tired as I am sometimes, I really am thankful for my job and truly enjoy it.

{two} Oh my goodness...THIS has arrived in Dallas. My most favorite cupcakes now come in ICE CREAM FORM??? I must. Go. Here. Soon.   :)


{three} One of my favorite bloggers shared this post from Susan Black: In Her Shoes- Those Who are Hurting. I really needed to hear her words this week {apparently the Lord was trying to speak to me via the blogosphere haha}.
"...our prayers are often no more than a personal wish list for God, and that what we’re actually praying is this: “Please God, take away my trials so that I don’t have to need You or grow up...the sufferings of Jesus show us that pain comes to us not as punishment, but rather as a testing ground for faith that transcends pain. In truth, pain redeemed impresses me more than pain removed."
Guilty. I consistently ask the Lord to take away trials, not stopping to realize that they are the very tools He is using to teach me His lessons of grace. Can anyone say conviction?

{four} My sweet husband sent this link to me on Facebook. I'm sure you have seen it, as it has been circulating the interwebs. He sent it to me with this message: "My thoughts on you - exactly (minus one "colorful" word in there - warning). I'm just glad you weren't in the room when he woke up or he would have been disappointed you weren't his." Aww...love him! Enjoy the video, because it's pretty awesome and really sweet.



{five} Tomorrow I will be attending an event for Acts 29 wives in the DFW area. I am VERY much looking forward to this event, as I have wanted to connect with other church planting wives. Confession: it's still a little strange to me that I am a pastor's wife :) I will also get to have dinner with the sweet girls from my old Bible study at Woodcreek. I missed the last "reunion" because I ended up sick, so I am really looking forward to catching up with everyone.




No comments:

Post a Comment