Monday, June 1, 2009

Community

Tonight I was able to attend Communion Dinner with my 20s group. It was such a blessing to be a part of this special evening, as Mondays I am usually at leader's meeting. As we broke bread and shared a meal together, and then moved into celebrating the Lord's Supper, I couldn't help but imagine what it would have been like for Jesus as He did the same with His closest friends. As I looked around the room at all of the faces that were strangers just months ago, but who are now among those I count as friends and most importantly fellow brothers and sisters in Christ, I was taken aback by God's love and provision. To be able to share in such community...I am so grateful for that! There is nothing like fellowshipping with others believers. Nothing like praying for one another or lifting our voices as one to the Holy Creator God who was gracious enough to bring us together. I was so overwhelmed by God's love and His perfect design of community. As I fall asleep tonight, I am praising God for all He has provided, for all He has given, for who He is...

You are Lord of Lords, You are King of Kings
You are Mighty God, Lord of everything
You're Emmanuel, You're the Great I Am
You're the Prince of Peace, who is the Lamb
You're my Living God, You're my Saving Grace
You will reign forever, You are Ancient of Days
You are Alpha, Omega, Beginning, and End
You're my Savior, Messiah, Redeemer, and Friend
You're my Prince of Peace and
I will live my life for You

No comments:

Post a Comment