Monday, June 29, 2009

Spaghetti-Oh!

Last night, we resumed our Sunday Night Dinners. The boys were so kind to give me last weekend off, you know- since I was going to be out of town and all. Haha. Anyway, my brother was solo last night, as his roommate was staying with family after recovering from shoulder surgery. I made one of our family's favorite recipes: Crock Pot Spaghetti! It is pretty much heaven on a plate. And the beauty of it is that you throw everything in the Crock Pot in the morning, and then come home to an amazing dinner waiting for you. I have to say...the Crock Pot has to be the most ingenious kitchen invention I have ever encountered. I am a HUGE fan. If you have any good recipes to share, please let me know!

Here is the Spaghetti recipe:

lb. lean ground meat
1 lg. onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
2 (1 lb.) cans tomatoes, chopped
1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
1 (12 oz.) tomato paste
1 cup beef broth
2 tablespoons parsley flakes
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper

Break up pieces of meat with fork. Combine meat in a slow cooker with remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on Low for 8 hours. Serve over hot cooked spaghetti.

~
My brother and I had a great night of just hanging out and eating good food. We rented the first Transformers movie; I had forgotten how good a movie it really is. My parents are coming into town this weekend, and we plan to go see the second Transformers movie with them. In the meantime, I am preparing for another CISR exam, but I am grateful it's only a 4-day work week!

No comments:

Post a Comment