Thursday, June 18, 2009

Happy Birthday Sasha!

Today is my sweet baby's 2nd birthday! I can't believe it has already been 2 years since I fell in love with a pudgy ball of cuteness. I had wanted a puppy for a long time; I had grown up with dogs, but had never had a puppy. I was still living at home at the time, as I was still looking for a job after graduation, so I thought it would be the perfect time to introduce a puppy into my life. I had all the time in the world to train her, and really just needed something on which to focus my attention, something to cheer me up. I had done lots of research on the breed of dog I wanted; but then my neighbor across the street acquired 2 adorable black lab/boxer mix puppies from some friends. And of course, I made the mistake of going to check out the litter myself. I knew that going to see the puppies would be all it would take for me to fall in love.

Of course, I had to convince my parents, my dad specifically, that getting a puppy was a brilliant idea. I even made a PowerPoint presentation that outlined all the benefits of getting a puppy. No joke- it took a lot of convincing, and I had a lot of time on my hands. Lol. But he finally said yes, and I was on my way to puppy adventures!

When I visited the puppies, Sasha was the quiet one of the pack. While all the other puppies were running around, she came and laid under my chair and didn't leave my side. So I guess you could say she chose me. I took one look at that adorable face, and I just couldn't say no. So I picked her up and brought her home with me...and it has been a non-stop adventure ever since!

She has become so much a part of my life...I really can't imagine life without her. I would probably have less work and less hassle, but I wouldn't change a minute of it. Because when she snuggles up next to me and gives my arm a sweet kiss just to say she loves me and thinks I'm the best...it's all worth it.


Growing Up Puppy!

Happy Birthday Sweet Baby Sasha!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Aunt Laura and Sasha's bff Allie hope that she had a wonderful birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete