Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Toddler School: Spring Semester

We finished off our Fall semester of Toddler School really well! We stuck to our curriculum pretty well, and I was glad that Eli and Maddie were actually excited to sit through it all. I think keeping it really simple helped keep us on track. It never felt super overwhelming, and if we missed a scheduled day, we could just do it another day, since I only planned activities for 2 days a week. 

We have already kicked off our Spring semester, and I am learning what Eli and Maddie are excited about...and what they seem to tolerate haha. Books and fun activities/games are always a favorite, but they are not loving my on-theme-songs. They like music and listening to music, but the themed songs that I sing to them are a no-go. They basically just stare at me; and the more animated I am, the less they seem to be on board. Fun pre-school teacher, I am not. Oh well. Overall, they are talking more about the things we learn, so I know they are actually learning. So that's gotta be a win, yes?

Grandma and Papa got us a trial of the KiwiCo crates, and those have been a BIG hit. They LOVE them! They're such great little activities for them, and one of the boxes even matched a theme we talked about in January, so that was a few less supplies Mommy had to buy {win!} So I actually went ahead and ordered another few months of the boxes once the trial ran out. I know that I am personally enjoying the crates too!



This was our music box! We made a tambourine and a xylophone.

If you are interested in trying the crates {they make them for ALL ages}, then you can use my code to get $10 off! https://www.kiwico.com/Refer?i=ErinM1014 

So here's to another great semester of Toddler School! :)


Themes for the Spring Semester:
Where I Live
Transportation
Safety
Instruments
Emotions
Valentine's
Senses
Outer Space
Sports
Fruits
Vegetables
Jungle/Zoo
Easter
Weather
Body/Being Active
Oceans
Flower/Plants
Wester/Cowboy
Camping


Basics for the Spring Semester:
Letters: L, M, N, O, P, Q, R, S, T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
Numbers: 9, 10, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Seasons/Holidays: Winter, Valentine's, Spring, Easter, Summer
Colors: Blue, Pink, Green, Purple, Black/White
Shapes: Oval, Heart, Diamond, Rectangle, Octagon


No comments:

Post a Comment