Friday, September 27, 2019

Baby Firsts :: Maddie's First Haircut

Our Maddie girl was the last to get her first haircut!

I have wanted to get her hair trimmed for awhile now, but I wasn't sure how she would do. It had gotten SO long, and she really hates having it washed, sitting still to have it brushed/styled, etc. We needed to take the boys to get a haircut, and Maddie wanted one insisted she get one too, so we decided it was time!

The before pic...SO long. And it was so much longer when wet!

To my surprise, she did SUPER well! She was excited to have her hair cut, and she sat {mostly} still, and did everything the hairstylist told her. It helped that she got to watch an episode of Daniel Tiger, but we're just glad she had no problem with the process!





I was so proud of my sweet girl! We ended up cutting a good amount because it had kind of grown to a point in the back, so I figured we might as well start at an even place. And it has already been much easier to wash and tame. The best part?? She didn't seem to have lost any of her curl!



Of course, she still would rather run wild with unbrushed hair in her face than have it combed nicely in pigtails or braids, but I think that's just going to be our Maddie girl :)


No comments:

Post a Comment