Sunday, September 1, 2019

2019 Goals :: August Check-In

August felt really busy and FULL. 


Goal #1: Drink 60oz of water every day
I drank a lot more water this month. It was SUPER HOT, and I found myself actually feeling dehydrated a lot more quickly, so I had my trusty water tumbler with me at all times. I didn't actually keep track of how much I was drinking, but it was not unusual for me to refill my 32oz tumbler 2-3 times each day. So that's gotta be a win {for me}!


Goal #2: Increase my fitness level
I did a little better with my fitness level this month, at least at the beginning of the month. My cardio wasn't as high, simply because we didn't go on many walks {did I mention it was HOT??} I did some ab workouts several times a week. The first week I could hardly breathe for a few days...I overdid my ab workout and it hurt haha. But I found a good groove, and I really feel like I can start to see some progress on my baby belly. It's still small and slow, but I'll take it!


Goal #3: Listen to the Audio Bible daily
This month, I listened to the book of Psalms and Proverbs.


Goal #4: Read 55 Books
I read 3 books this month. With how busy we were, I am surprised I read any at all. The only book I really enjoyed was the Risen Motherhood book



Goal #5: Participate in the #150hoursoutside project
August was HOT. Which is no surprise in Texas, and really, it's the first time that it felt really miserable outside. So we didn't get quite as many hours logged outside {and instead opted for indoor, air conditioned activities}, but we still hit our 150 hours! And we still have 4 more months in the year!




Goal #6: Do something creative every month
This was a REALLY big month of creativity! I was able to do some coloring, work on a project for my nieces, finish Aiden's first year photo book, and I was also in party planning mode for Aiden's first birthday! It was A LOT to cram into one month, but it was super fun for me! :)

My coloring buddy :)

I can't believe PK started Kindergarten already!!

I only squeezed this one in this month because I had bought a Groupon for a photo book and like a dummy didn't pay attention to the expiration date. And I just didn't want it to go to waste! Plus, I caught a deal for free unlimited pages, so total {with shipping} I spent $23 on a book that would have cost $150. I count that as a win :)

I "restored" an already loved Cozy Coupe for Aiden's birthday, and I think it turned out pretty good! A little car wash, some new paint and new stickers, and Aiden LOVES it :)


Goal #7: Be more intentional with discipling Eli and Maddie
We finished up our Hero Training and learned how to be Truthful, Grateful, Kind, Generous, and Brave. We squeezed in that last one just so we could go ahead and finish up in August. I was glad we did this curriculum this summer, but I will say that if I never have to hear the song Jesus is my Superhero again, it would be too soon haha. I am looking forward to starting something new in September!


No comments:

Post a Comment