Friday, March 1, 2019

2019 Goals :: February Check-In

Here's a look at how February went on the goal front :)

Goal #1: Drink 60oz of water every day
I did a little better with this in February...but I still didn't quite make the whole goal. I probably got closer to 30-40oz a day. So not terrible, but still needing some work. But I am also doing {a little} better about drinking some water before I reach for something else.


Goal #2: Increase my fitness level
I continued a number of the Diastasis Recti workouts from last month, as I didn't get to see my doctor until later in February. And since February is 28 days long, I decided to do this 28 Day Diastasis Recti Workout Challenge from Diary of a Fit Mommy. I am starting to see some improvement, but nothing drastic or overtly noticeable. We have continued to get walks in when we can, but I also started doing some cardio exercises in my living room. Just some basic things like jumping jacks, burpees, high knees, squats, etc. Eli and Maddie think it's the most hilarious and fun thing...they even ask to "essercise?" with me haha! It's kind of fun having workout buddies :)


Goal #3: Listen to the Audio Bible daily
This month, I was able to stay on track with this. I finished Exodus and continued through the book of Proverbs. I also got through the whole books of Acts and Leviticus. 


Goal #4: Read 55 Books
I was able to read 6 books this month. It was pretty murder-heavy, and that was definitely not intentional. A number of books just came up in my library queue so I read what was available. Despite the heavy content, there was only one for which I really didn't care, so it was a fairly good reading month!



Goal #5: Participate in the #150hoursoutside project
We did slightly better with our outside time this month...it helped that February started off in the 60s and 70s! But then it got cold and rainy and gross again. So we're holding out for the springtime weather!




Goal #6: Do something creative every month
My creativity was pretty limited this month, mostly because of time. But I did work on painting some peg people for the Bible activities we started this month {see below}. Not a huge project, but at least somewhat creative {?} My painting skills could use a little work, but I think this will work haha.


I also worked on a little sewing project this month, but haven't completed it yet. It also isn't super exciting, but it's something practical I have been wanting to make for awhile. I'll share about it next month, when {hopefully} it's completed.


Goal #7: Be more intentional with discipling Eli and Maddie
We finished reading through The Beginner's Gospel Story Bible and were ready for something new. For Eli and Maddie's birthday, Laura had given us the Play Through the Bible book, along with the supplies to get us started with the sensory bins. 


I gathered the rest of what we would need {which wasn't a lot, because the crafts and activities are super simple!} and we started incorporating some of these fun activities into our Bible time! We are working through a story each week, so we will be in this book until the summer {we will take a short break to do something else for Easter}. We read the story every day {from different children's Bibles, if we can}, but then we do one each of the following: song and snack, sensory bin, activity, and a craft. It's definitely more involved than just reading them the story every morning at breakfast, but it gives us some fun things to do in our day, that hopefully help to reinforce the stories for Eli and Maddie.


I do actually read the story to them from my ESV Bible, but we also include the following children's Bibles/books:


I have tried to keep it super simple. Sometimes we don't do the craft. Sometimes we do all of the activities. Sometimes we don't do anything from the book, but instead just talk about the story and truth for the week. Eli and Maddie are able to answer my questions by the end of the week, so they are learning something!

-------

We'll see how March shapes up :)


No comments:

Post a Comment