Thursday, February 22, 2018

13 Weeks


How far along? 13 weeks
Days since transfer: 72 days
Total weight gain: +2.0
Maternity clothes? Not yet. We have basically lived at home all week because of the rain, so I have lived in sweatpants and sweatshirts. 
Sleep: I have been sleeping a little better this week. I think I am starting to come out of the 1st trimester tiredness, so hopefully some more energy will kick in soon!
Best moment of the week: Taking my LAST Estrace pill and my LAST PIO injection EVER. I am so thankful for fertility medications...but I am also so thankful to be done with them!
Cravings: Sour patch kids. Slightly gross? Maybe. But I want them all the time.
Symptoms: I haven't had any nausea this week, so that's a big win! Hopefully it's done, and I don't have to worry about it anymore. My belly is definitely out there now, though I wouldn't say that I have "popped." It's definitely still a squishy middle, and just my expanded uterus to be an official baby bump, but we won't have to hide it much longer anyway!
Looking forward to: My next OB appointment so we can hear that beautiful heartbeat! I have really struggled with anxiety this pregnancy. I was so used to constant monitoring with Eli and Maddie, so to have so few appointments with this baby has been difficult for me. 

-------

Size of baby? About the size of a a Cadbury Creme Egg, a scoop of ice cream, or an espresso cup
Development: Baby's skin is now covered with lanugo {fine, soft hair}. Tiny bones are beginning to form in the arms and legs, a baby might even be sucking a thumb! Intestines are moving to their permanent place, and vocal cords or developing. The placenta is also growing.
Heartbeat: Can't wait to hear it again next week!
Movement: Baby is moving a ton, but I can't feel it quite yet. I'm hoping that I can identify movements sooner this time, since I know what it feels like! But I will be interested to know the difference between 2 and 1 :)
Gender Predictions? We're having another boy! :)


**This post was written at 13 Weeks, but was not published until after we made our official announcement. I back-dated to the actual day so we could have all of this for our own records and memories.**


No comments:

Post a Comment