Thursday, February 15, 2018

12 Weeks


How far along? 12 weeks
Days since transfer: 65 days
Meds: Day 90 of Estrace, day 72 of PIO {LAST DAY...WAHOO!!}
Total weight gain: +2.5
Maternity clothes? Not yet, though I did pull out my maternity clothes box to remind myself what I had available...because it won't be long! Still mostly feeling fat, and wondering if this baby is going to have a gigantic home to swim around in, since the twins stretched out my uterus so much :)
Sleep: I have actually slept better this week! I am still feeling super tired, and really could take a nap every day, but I am hoping that as I get closer to the 2nd trimester, I will start to get some energy back...at least that's what I am holding out for!
Best moment of the week: Hearing that our genetic testing came back normal and finding out the gender of our sweet baby! We had fun telling our families, and we are just so excited to meet this little one :)
Cravings: I had a crazy amount of cravings within the last couple of weeks...and because it was around my birthday, I got to indulge most of them! Haha. The dreams of food have stopped, so hopefully that means I won't have any more cravings??
Symptoms: I have had a lot of headaches this week. I think that may be due to weaning off my meds, so hopefully my hormones will balance out and those headaches will go away soon. And still tired :)  I had one morning that I battled some nausea, but other than that, I haven't had any.
Looking forward to: Making our public announcement! We're starting to figure out how we want to make it internet official, and it just makes me excited for the world to know!

-------

Size of baby? About the size of a wine cork, a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup, or a chicken nugget
Development: Baby weighs a full half-ounce! Most of the systems are fully formed, though they have a lot of maturing to do. Bone marrow is also busy making white blood cells.
Heartbeat: Can't wait to hear it again in a couple of weeks!
Movement: Baby is moving a ton, but I can't feel it yet.
Gender Predictions? We got the call last week from our genetic testing and found out the gender of this sweet little one! 


**This post was written at 12 Weeks, but was not published until after we made our official announcement. I back-dated to the actual day so we could have all of this for our own records and memories.**


No comments:

Post a Comment